Jobs at the PIC
JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants mail, e-mail or fax resume with cover letter as follows:
Oakland Private Industry Council
Human Resources– PIC Jobs
1212 Broadway, Suite 300
Oakland, CA 94612
Responsibility for the timely submission of resume rests with the applicant. To be considered the resume must be received no later than the closing date of the announcement. This announcement may be used to fill the same or similar positions, temporary or permanent which become available within 180 days of the closing date. Applicants selected for temporary positions may be converted to a permanent position without further competition.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY.
The Oakland Private Industry Council is an equal opportunity employer and program operator. Auxiliary aids are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For TDD services please call: 1-800-735-2922.
MIS Analyst I
Type of Position: Non-exempt
Salary: Competitive with generous benefit package
Type of Appointment: Regular
Job Number: MISA101NE13
Number of Positions: One (1)
Department: MIS (Management Information Systems)
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; 37.5 hrs/wk
Opening Date: November 22, 2013
Closing Date: December 6, 2013
Type of Recruitment: Open
Under the general direction of the Director of Performance and Program Management and the direct supervision of the MIS Manager, the MIS Analyst I performs comprehensive technical work in areas of information gathering, processing, and reporting, maintaining client files, and related duties as required. The position requires a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and organization, as well as discretion in handling confidential client information.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Performs comprehensive technical work in all areas of information gathering, processing, and reporting:
- Performs data validation work among various databases to ensure information integrity;
- Reviews, processes, and enters participant applications, enrollments, exits, follow-ups into the Virtual One Stop (VOS) tracking database system for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program as well as other grants.
- Provides training and technical assistance in both paper and computerized WIA forms and other grants, as well as MIS requirements, based on latest legislation and information bulletins;
- Works closely with other Program Support staff to ensure error-free data entry;
- Light database administrative responsibilities such as user account password reset, email blasts, setup, rights, and distribution groups.
- Contacts staff and subcontractors concerning errors or omissions in their documents or reports;
- Interfaces with State employees regarding statistical and/or programmatic information or regulations;
- Reviews all client files for all WIA and other-funded programs before filing, ensuring completeness of information;
- Upkeep of Policy and Procedure guidelines/directives from Local, State and Federal level.
- Monitors participant folders to comply with city, state and federal auditors.
- Performs other administrative duties, such as faxing, photocopying and assisting with the smooth functioning of office systems;
- Performs related duties as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- B. S. degree in computer science, business or a closely related discipline.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in technical customer service, training or similar functions addressing individuals and groups;
- Experience with web-based computer application programs and databases.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Skilled in verbal, written and interpersonal communications;
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet program goals in a multi-cultural environment;
- Knowledge of the employment, training and social service resources in Oakland/East Bay Area;
- Skilled in Windows-based applications with special emphasis on database management, spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of electronic data processing and its applications;
- Knowledge and ability to coordinate, compile and analyze data using spreadsheet and databases;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail;
- Project management skills are highly desirable;
- Ability to relate effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion in handling confidential client information;
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other agencies;
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.