Jobs at the PIC
JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Oakland Private Industry Council (PIC) is accepting applications for:
Title: Resource Room Specialist
Grade: 5 - $15.44 per hour / Non-Exempt
Job Number: RRS1SSANE13
Number of Positions: One (1)
Department: SSA San Pablo
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Opening Date: April 22, 2013
Closing Date: May 3, 2013
Type of Recruitment: Open
INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants mail, e-mail or fax resume with cover letter as follows:
Mail: Oakland Private Industry Council
ATTN: Human Resources - SSA
1212 Broadway, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94612
FAX to: T. Simmons - (510) 839-3766
Responsibility for the timely submission of resume rests with the applicant. To be considered the resume must be received no later than the closing date of the announcement.
This announcement may be used to fill the same or similar positions, temporary or permanent which become available within 180 days of the closing date. Applicants selected for temporary positions may be converted to a permanent position without further competition.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, OR PHYSICAL HANDICAP.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Assists customers in using Career Center software applications and the Internet for job/career search;
• Assists customers with on-line resumes and applications
• Instructs customers in setting up e-mail accounts on the various free mail sites;
• Identifies and reproduces internet job leads
• Records customers’ time on and off the computers and monitors their time at computer terminals;
• Records computer system problems and reports to Technical Support for repair;
• Ensures proper maintenance of copier, fax and general office equipment.
• Maintains supplies for copier, fax, printers and computers
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• AA degree or certificate of completion from an accredited post secondary training school, plus
• One year experience providing customer information resources and services, and
• Minimum one year experience working with desktop/software applications.
Two additional years of experience providing customer information, resources and services may be substituted for the AA degree or certificate of completion from post secondary training school.
• Computer literacy in MS Word, Internet, E-Mail, etc.
• Knowledge of internet job search and community resources;
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with Career Center customers, partners and PIC staff;
• Ability to provide one-on-one and small to medium size group instruction;
• Flexible and able to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment;
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Bi-lingual – English and Spanish or Mandarin or Cantonese
IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
About Oakland PIC
The Oakland PIC is a non-profit organization. The mission of the Oakland PIC is to provide accessible, high quality employment and training services to the Oakland community. Through direct services and contracts with community-based agencies, Oakland PIC provides area residents with job search assistance, resources, and information/referral, as well as job skills training in classroom and on-the-job settings. PIC also partners with the local business community, connecting its large diverse pool of job seekers with hiring employers. PIC programs are free of charge to both job seekers and employers. Oakland PIC career and business services are funded by the Oakland Workforce Investment Board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Oakland PIC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition or the conditions of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS related Conditions (ARC).
The Oakland PIC offers a range of benefits to its employees, including paid leave, holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan, and medical, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. Additional benefits may be available depending on employment category. The extent and availability of benefits are subject to change without notice.
The Oakland PIC values teamwork and expects that each employee will actively guide the organization and demonstrate by their own behavior the high standards that have been set by adhering to our organizational values.
Job Opportunity Announcement
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods, and other particulars. Required qualifications must be maintained throughout the employment period.
Change of Address
Applicants are responsible for notifying the Oakland PIC Payroll / Benefit Manager of any change of address by filing a change in writing.
All persons entering Oakland PIC employment are required to present their Social Security Card and complete US Department of Justice Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
The Oakland Private Industry Council is an equal opportunity employer and program operator. Auxiliary aids are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For TDD services please call: 1-800-735-2922.
El Oakland Private Industry Council, Inc., ofrece igualdad de oportunidades como empleador y operador de programas. Asistencia y servicios auxiliares para personas descapacitadas seran disponibles cuando se requieran. Para servicio TDD (para personas sordo-mudas) por favor llame al 1-800-735-2922.