Food Shift is Hiring
Time & Location
About the Event
This is an opportunity for paid Training-to-Work program in Alameda.
20 hours per week ($13.80 per hour) during 3 months training
Upon completion of program: $15 per hour.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Trainees will earn Serv-Safe Food Handlers Training and Certification
- Perform all aspects of food preparation and cooking, under supervision of the Food Shift Chef.
- Adhere to all food safety and handling procedures.
- Assist with food packaging and distribution.
- Assist with food sorting, organizing, and tracking as needed.
- Maintain a clean work station at all times.
- Assist with Food Shift outreach events, potentially including catering serving food, distributing flyers
- Physically able to perform standard commercial kitchen tasks - e.g., lifting heavy containers of food, chopping, cooking, packaging, dishwashing, etc.